Contital provides a lot of different aluminium food containers. This material is an efficient and safe form of packaging because of its properties:
- It provides a 100% water and gas barrier
- It’s sterile and safe for use in direct contact with food
- It has the ability to conduct temperature quickly and evenly
- It comes in many different shapes and sizes
- It’s lightweight and this characteristic has a positive effect on the transportation costs
Aluminium food trays: advantages and regulations
Aluminium food trays are ideals to contain food. They can be put in the fridge, in the freezer, in the traditional oven and in the microwave, following some basic guidelines. The dark coat you can see inside the reusable container after its use is due to oxidation: don’t’ remove this protective barrier, it’s not a risk for to health. It’s recommended to wash reusable aluminium food trays by hand.
The use of aluminium food containers in contact with food is regulated by Italian legislative Decree no. 76. It affirms that it is considered absolutely safe to cook food in aluminium foils, but there are some guidelines you should follow:
- Aluminum trays can be exposed at any temperature if they contain food for less than 24h
- Aluminum trays can contain food for more than 24h if they are stored in a freezer
- If aluminum trays are stored at room temperature for more than 24h they can contain only some type of food: coffee, sugar, cacao and chocolate products, cereals, pastas and bakery products, confectionary, fine bakery wares, dried vegetables, mushrooms and fruits.
Lacquered aluminium containers are ideal to contain high-acid or salty foods because they have high resistance to corrosion.
Aluminium and Environment
Aluminium is 100% recyclable without any loss of its intrinsic properties. The recycling of aluminium products saves energy because the products being recycled usually require much less processing to turn them into usable materials than raw resources. The consequences is a significant reduction in emission of greenhouse gases.
If you have any more questions about our products, please don’t hesitate to contact us!